Funded for 2020
- Diyi Yang (IC): Allen Institute for AI and University of Washington
- Josh Kacher (MSE): Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Rachel Cummings (ISyE): Georgetown University and U.S. Census Bureau
The Institute for Data Engineering and Science (IDEaS) will provide travel support to faculty who wish to visit companies, federal agencies, or government labs to initiate collaboration in data science foundations or data-driven discovery in any area. Funds can also be utilized to visit academic institutions that serve underrepresented groups, or non-research-intensive universities and colleges for broadening participation.
Travel awards of up to $2,000 each can be used to cover incurred expenses, including airfare, ground transportation, hotel, and meals. Travel expenses must adhere to GT policies.
The application must clearly describe
- Place(s) to be visited
- Expected outcomes
- Anticipated costs
- Applications are due January 10, 2020
- Awards will be announced January 17, 2020
- Funds must be expended by June 30, 2020