See below for the research scholarship details. Submit your application today!
The Institute for Data Engineering and Science (IDEaS) and Transdisciplinary Research Institute for Advancing Data Science (TRIAD) will support scholarships to support Ph.D. students or post-doctoral researchers in high-impact cross-disciplinary data science related areas. Each scholarship will co-fund a GRA appointment or a postdoc position with rest contributed by the faculty advisor. Priority will be given to projects that are close to the theme of foundation of data science. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical research on optimal transport and its relation to the foundations of data science
- Theoretical research on the foundations of deep learning (e.g., recent activities on neural tangent kernels, mean field views, implicit regularization, etc.) and their explanatory power on the effectiveness of deep learning methods
- Partial differential equation-based models with applications in data science
- Other research exploration in a new direction with potential for establishing new foundations of data science, especially in the area of reinforcement learning,
The program is not intended as a source for routine research support.
Applications can be submitted by faculty or Ph.D. students/postdocs, and should clearly describe
● Research activities proposed and support requested
● Expected outcomes
● Relevance to the TRIAD mission and goals (https://triad.gatech.edu/)
* Application should be 2 pages with references, and a link to your website/CV.